Drones Mods 1.11.2/1.10.2 adds into Minecraft a special flying gadget: Drone. Remote-controlled drones are nothing new in real life, but if your budget happens to be low at the moment, then having a virtual drone flying around in your Minecraft world wouldn’t seem too bad.
Drone is a type of unmanned aerial flying device. It can be remotely controlled via specialized software in smartphone or computer over a wifi connection. Drones are widely used for aerial photography and movie recording. You need special permission to use drones, especially if you want to fly near military installations or government offices. But that’s not the story in Minecraft, for our drones here are living organisms!
The mod adds two types of drones into the game: Hostile Drone – a mob that randomly appears in Minecraft and will attack players from afar (they can be easily identified as they have skeleton head). The other is Player Drone – constructed by players using Drone Constructor. This type of drone can actively protect its owner using a laser to take down any hostile mob. As the name implies, Player’s Drone has… player’s face for the head for easy identification.
Drones mod requires Forge Mod Loader and Minecraft 1.10.2.
How to install:
- Download Forge Installer, Drones-0.1.15.jar file.
- Right click Forge Installer, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop > Open Run (Or you can use the Windows + R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter.
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put jar file of the mod you have downloaded into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!