A new snapshot was released this Wednesday: the Minecraft Java 20w09a version . She adds new blocks, a new mob and many other new features. The Zombified Piglin The Zombified Piglin is a new mob, it is a zombified version of the Piglin mob added in the previous snapshot. It is naturally present in the Crimson Forest biome (accompanied by the Piglins) and in the Nether Wasted (where it is alone). It is also generated when a Piglin crosses a Nether portal: in a few seconds the Piglin transforms into this zombified version. The zombified piglin replaces the old Zombie Pig
(which has therefore been removed from the game), so it shares all of its characteristics (except for the ID and texture). Unlike the piglin, the zombified piglin does not trade: The trading system with the piglins has evolved slightly in this snapshot, now the piglins first observe the gold bar before giving a loot in exchange (in the previous one snapshot he give the gift immediately after having picked up the ingot, and therefore before having observed it), which is more logical and which avoids being able to kill them with the ingot in the hands to recover the given ingot. In addition, the list of objects given in exchange has changed, here are the objects now available via these gold exchanges:
We must add to this list an object very rarely offered by the piglins: a hether in netherite !
Also new in babies piglins: now they play with spontannement hoglins babies, they can even ride on their backs: Obsidian mourner The mourner obsidian is a new block much like obsidian, but with more texture colored: It is not naturally generated in biomes and it is not craftable, the only solution to obtain it in survival mode is therefore via trade with piglins (it is one of the most common gifts of piglins ). It has the particularity of emitting a weak light (level 10, 15 being the max in the game):
We can also see purple particles seeping on its faces ( dripping_obsidian_tear , falling_obsidian_tear and landing_obsidian_tear ). By multiplying the blocks we can even make a fine rain: Although this block looks a lot like obsidian, it does not share all of its characteristics:
- It resists TNT as much (6000 resistance, so even a TNT placed on the block will not break it)
- At least a diamond pickaxe is needed to mine it
- On the other hand it is possible to push it with a piston:
and it is not possible to build Nether portals with:
This block is therefore for the moment purely decorative, it has no particular utility.
The target is a new redstone block, which therefore has nothing to do with the Nether;) This block will create a redstone current of varying duration and intensity as soon as a projectile hits it. The closer the projectile is to the center of the block, the greater the intensity of the current emitted from the block. In addition, the duration during which the current will be emitted varies according to the object projected on it:
- one second for projectiles that remain stuck in the target ( trident or arrow )
- About half a second for the other projectiles ( egg , snowball , fireball , disposable or persistent potions , etc.)
The list of possible projectiles is defined via an entity tag, which contains:
- Spectral arrow
- Ghast fireball
- Blaze Fireball
- Dragon fireball
- Wither’s skull
Not all projectiles are possible, for example Fireworks Rockets or the Ender Pearl launched .
The target’s craft recipe is simple and inexpensive: a block of straw and four redstone powders arranged like this: This block is accompanied by a new progress: ” Bullseye “. To get it you have to reach the center of the target: Crimson and warped plants It is now possible to put Nether plants in pots:
Mojang also fixed many issues with the new Nether blocks:
- All Nether wooden blocks (with the exception of boards) are mined by hand, without tools to go faster. Now it is possible to mine them faster with an ax:
Likewise for the leaves ( Nether Warts Block and Warped Wart Block ), which now mines with a hoe :
And the new block of Terre des souls is quickly mine now with a shovel:
The fungi have changed their name, they are now called “fungus” (their ID has therefore also changed).
French translations have not yet been implemented in the game.
- Although fungus can still be planted on most types of soil, they can only grow and turn into a tree (via the addition of fertilizer) if they are planted on nylium of the same color:
A giant mushroom of the “carmine” type (the red ones) cannot grow on a block of Nylium biscornu, and a giant mushroom of the “biscornu” type (the blue ones) cannot grow on a block of Nylium carmine). Adding fertilizer to another type of soil is no longer possible.
Soils made of Crimson Nylium or Warped Nylium , when stacked under other blocks, naturally transform into netherrack , in the same way as grass blocks transform into soil when stacked:
It is now possible to craft the panels in the Nether woods ( Panel in Crimson and Panel in Warped ). Unsurprisingly, the craft recipe takes the model of the other wooden panels:
Like all the panels it is possible to change the color of the text via the addition of dye (because the default black color is difficult to read on these dark colors: You can customize these panels even more via the panel generator of Minecraft.tools which has been updated with these new panels! More news
It is of course possible to modify this list via datapacks if you wish to add or remove blocks in which you can climb.
- The Piglins now have a new tag ” IsImmuneToZombification ” which helps prevent them from zombifying in the Overworld. By default this tag is not defined, piglins are therefore not immune to zombification:
- The flowing lava now pushes the entities.
- The Nether’s ambient lighting has been changed to more parity with other editions of Minecraft.
About fifty bugs were corrected in this snapshot, some of which were already mentioned in this news, and among the main ones remaining:
- It was not possible to keep the Skeleton Horses on a leash
- Minor changes in the textures of most tools (change the hue of a few pixels)
- Fixed some world generation issues in the Nether, including fossils or blocks that could appear above the void.
- It was possible under certain conditions to have orange light instead of blue light on the blocks of Terre des souls .
- Fixed several issues in the subtitles (not the correct subtitle)
- The hoglins and piglins became persistent as soon as they looked at a player, which could cause lags. However, piglins only become persistent if they are renamed or if they have picked up a piece of armor and have it worn, and hoglins become persistent if reproduced.