Ore Canes is a mod allowing to add sugar canes which, once harvested and melted, will give an ore. They are not found in nature, so the player must craft them.
There are two types of Ore Canes:
- The Ore Canes from Overworld, which will grow like normal sugar canes, so next to water.
- Nether Ore Canes, which can grow in any world as long as they are safe. If there is some next to it, it will accelerate the growth of these shoots.
They are quite simple: just put 1 surrounded by 8 ores, so remember to quickly acquire a pickaxe with enchantment:
Coal Cane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Ironcane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Gold Cane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Diamond Cane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Emerald Cane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Cane Lapis: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Redstone Cane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Cane Quartz: 1 sugar cane and 8:
- Glowstone Cane: 1 sugar cane and 8:
Ore Canes can be harvested by hand, even if they take longer to break than a normal sugar cane. After, you just have to melt what you have harvested in one, to get the molten ore:
The process is therefore quite long, but will make you rich in the long run!
How to install Ore Canes Mod :
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.